Skin Anti-Aging Red Light Photo-Therapeutics is part of every Smart Bed session at no additional charge.Treatments using red light will improve skin tone and texture, control pigmentation spots, help reduce pore size, encourage vibrant, healthier-looking skin, and reduce wrinkles. Anti-aging red light therapy stimulates circulation and repairs the elastin fibers within tissue to help keep skin firm. According to the FDA, red light at 633nm has a “no risk” status and is completely safe for the eyes. Red light penetrates tissue to a depth of 8 – 10 mm, delivering energy to stimulate a response from the body to heal itself.
RED LIGHT SKIN THERAPY – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What can I expect from Light Sources Rejuvenescence “Collagen Plus” treatments?Treatments using red light will improve skin tone and texture, control pigmentation spots, help reduce pore size, encourage vibrant, healthier-looking skin, and reduce wrinkles. Anti-aging red light therapy stimulates circulation and repairs the elastin fibers within tissue to help keep skin firm.
- Are red light treatments safe? What does the FDA say?According to the FDA , red light at 633nm has a “non-significant risk” status and is completely safe for the eyes. Red light penetrates tissue to a depth of 8 – 10 mm, delivering energy to stimulate a response from the body to heal itself.
- How does Rejuvenessence “Collagen Plus” work?Red light at 633nm is absorbed by the mitochondria of the cell and stimulates intracellular energy transfer ( ATP ) production for enhanced cell vitality and permeability, increased production of new collagen, and increased turnover of collagen and elastin fibers. Laboratory studies have shown that skin cells grow 150 – 200 percent faster when exposed to certain light wavelengths, and research has shown red light delivers powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissue.
- Does red light therapy produce the same light as from the sun? Can it damage my skin?Too much sunlight can affect the skin due to the emission of broad spectrum ultraviolet energy through the atmosphere. Rejuvenescence “Collagen Plus” lamps utilize the visible spectra of light at 633nm (red), but contain no UVA or UVB rays.
- How does red light therapy differ from laser treatments?Red light therapy does not cut, burn, or break the skin as with laser treatments. Lasers use heat and concentrated light to vaporize or remove tissue. Rejuvenescence “Collagen Plus” lamps produce no vaporization or burning of tissue, and therefore no inflammation or erythema. Red light therapy is one of the few non-invasive tools available that can reverse the appearance of aging skin, such as wrinkles and mottled skin tone.
- How soon do results become noticeable?There are few immediate changes to skin, as change occurs naturally over a period of weeks. Everyone reacts differently, depending on their age and the condition of their skin. In general, best results are achieved over an 8 – 12 week period.
- Does Rejuvenescence “Collagen Plus” treat acne, age spots, and sun damage?Red light helps remove the bacteria that causes acne, and generates cellular activity that deals with age spots and sun damage. Anti-aging red light therapy brightens skin and reduces the formation of pigmentation marks.
- Does red light therapy work equally well on all skin types?Rejuvenescence “Collagen Plus” therapy is safe and effective for all skin types and colors. The main prerequisite is that skin be clean for effective light transmission.
- How long do the results last?Results depend on the length of treatment and the original conditions being treated. Skin rejuvenation is a dynamic process. If maintenance treatments are discontinued, natural expression lines will gradually return over the course of time, at which point re-treatment can be put in place.